Solving income disparity in the region and reducing poverty in the rural areas
are common issues in countries such as ASEAN and regional development projects
are strongly desired. Also, there are many requests asking to take local promotion
projects in Japan for consideration such as one village one product in Oita
With this background, Asia Seed aims at activating the regional economy by connecting universities as an intellect center for the region and local SMEs or traditional industries. We support sustainable entrepreneur development and hold seminars to extend their knowledge.
1. Common Curriculum Development for ASEAN Entrepreneurship Education
Client: The ASEAN secretariat and Japan Overseas Development Center (JODC)
Objective: Asia SEED has implemented the entrepreneurship education together
with professor Takeru Ohe, Waseda University in Thailand, Cambodia, Malaysia
and Indonesia since 2003. The ASEAN secretariat which is located in Jakarta
nominated Asia SEED as the executing organization that implements the seminars
for entrepreneurship education for Vietnam, Myanmar and Philippines. The
necessary expenditures for this seminar are contributed from Japan-ASEAN
Integration Fund. The text book of common curriculum is developed, which
will be used at universities in each country of ASEAN. This project is
the corpus of entrepreneurship education that has been executed in Asian
countries so far.
2.Survey on Entrepreneur Development Education in 2009 (south east Asia)
Client: Research Collaboration and
Promotion Center, Waseda University
Purpose: This is the follow up
survey for “Pilot Study for Fostering Entrepreneur Facilitator”, which was
financed by JBIC in 2008. The contents of the survey are;
(1)Report on the present condition for implementation of entrepreneur education in ASEAN.
(2)Following up universities which implement the entrepreneur education program (COBLAS).
(3) Approaches for entrepreneur development at universities in ASEAN.
3.Data Collection and Analysis for the Small /Medium Scale Industries and
Entrepreneurs in the South East Asian Countries
Program Name: (same as above)
Client: Japan Overseas Development Cooperation (JODC)
Purpose: Research on the appropriate method for development of small/
medium enterprises to promote employment of many unskilled labors in the circumstances
of severe global competition.
Role of Asia SEED: Implementation of the survey in cooperation with the
Bangkok office of JODC in connection with the “Education program for development
of the entrepreneur facilitator”.
4.Pilot Study for Fostering Entrepreneur Fasilitator
Program Name: Pilot Study for Educational Program Development to Foster Entrepreneur Facilitator
Client: Research Collaboration and Promotion Center, Waseda University
Purpose: Development of educational program for entrepreneurs in Indonesia
and Malaysia. Active promotion of cooperation among industry, academia,
Role of Asia SEED: Development of the educational program. Coordination
5. APEC One Village One Product Seminar
Program Name: APEC One Village One Product Seminar I and II
Purpose: Regional development and entrepreneurship education support in Asia-Pacific region
Role of Asia SEED: Overall coordination for planning and management for
implementation of the seminar.
- Development of the education program to foster the entrepreneur facilitator in Cambodia (2009) Cambodia International Education Support Fund
- Data collection and analysis for the small /medium scale industries and
entrepreneurs in the south east Asian countries (2009) Japan
Development Cooperation (JODC)
- Development of the education program for fostering the entrepreneur facilitator (2008) The Research Promotion Center by Public / Private Sector and University, Department of Research Promotion, Waseda University
- 2nd APEC seminar on “One Village one Product (OTOP)” (2007) Secretariat of APEC
- Study for the situation of support for local industries in Asia-Pacific region (2007) Japan Overseas Development Cooperation (JODC)
- Seminar on strengthening the economic legal infrastructure in Vietnam (2007) APEC
- Creation of textbook of social and economy for elementary school and junior high school in developing countries and its case study (2006) Waseda University Institute of Asia-PacificStudies / Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science
and Technology of Japan
- Seminar on support for local and cottage industries in Vietnam (2006) APEC
- Feasibility Study for experimental business administration
in Malaysia (2005-2006) Research Institute of Economy, Trade
- Feasibility study on development of tourism-related handicraft industries along the West-East Corridor, Japan Overseas Development Cooperation (JODC)
- Seminar for trainers of entrepreneurship education to develop local business (2005) The Association for Overseas Technical Scholarship (AOTS)
- Study on project for strengthening industrial infrastructure in Asia: Support program for traditional industry in Cambodia (2004-2005) Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry of Japan
- Study for regional development and entrepreneurship education support in Thailand (2003-2004) Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry of Japan